I really have no idea ‘Fogg’ chal raha hai ya nahi,but the advertisement has got on people’s nerves lately. God bless Fogg. This post is for my eternal love for winter. I am writing this wrapped in the blanket and the earphone echoing “Raat ke humsafar,thak ke ghar ko chale“. If only there were words to praise the blanket..if only.
Winters are special due to many fond memories. The foggy haze at times has cleared up so many apprehensions of my mind. To me,winters have been the warmest times to rejoice the bonds we cherish most. The chill in the air is bound to get humans closer(Not in that way,sicko!). I rate myself okayish on the scale of romance,and winter gives wings to it. Romance,I choose to believe is any human feeling that is exvlusive for two souls. So if your Mom scolds you for not having milk,that moment,that feeling is exclusively for the two of you. It is irreplacable and this is what I think the core of romance. So I can find romance in breakfast,classroom,a specific tree,anything. Romance grows exponentially in winters.
So here I have ten romances strictly glorified by winters:-
1) Coffee : Need I say more? If coffee was female,I would have been a perfect womanizer. Latte,mocha,espresso,cappuchino,ask me to differentiate between them and I will give exact concentration ratios. Winter is coffee’s boyfriend. Why else would coffee look,taste and feel beautiful like never before. Now you know where to take me on a date.
2) Chai: Being born and brought up in a family that thinks chai is as important as the meals,this just had to be in the list. Coffee is my first love and chai,my extra marital affair. Ever had the chance to sit at a local chaiwaala,dip Parle-G in the cup and enjoy the bliss? If not,do it on priority.
3)The winter gear : Furry coats,knit caps,mufflers,gloves- I felt so.dumb as a child when Maa layered me up. As a 20 year old, it hardly matters. Coats are my new love and bright sweaters,the.mew addiction.
4)Gaajar ka halwa: Moong daal ka halwa,kadaahi waala doodh..food basically. The usual momos become tastier on winter evenings. Delicacies become heavenly in winters.
5) Long walks: Walking alone or hand in hand with a soulful company,thinking of oddities of life,indulging in meaningless conversations is my idea of being alive in winter.
6) Sunshine: Basking on the terrace,letting sun rays find way from your eyes to heart,feeling warm and drowsy..God blesses us in uncountable manners. This one,is the best.
7)Gajak Rewari: Chakki,gud ki patti,til ke laddu,moongfali..no match at all. They have been our favorite winter accomplice ever since we had proper set of teeth.
8) Picnics: Flashback..winter holidays,going to park,spreading the mat,playing badminton,gorging on snacks..the good old days. Anyone who wants to do this again,ping me now.
Source- Veer Zaara
9)Bonfire: Precisely,this nails it. As a child,in my village elders used to talk incomprehensible laws of life around the bonfire and I used to roast green peas,potatoes and sweet potatoes. Talk about opportunist cook.
10)Love: Love has no season but winter owns it a little more. Christmas,New year,Makar Sankranti,Lohri..they bring us closer to our friends and relatives and accentuate the love in the air.
How many of these made you nostalgic? If you have your own cherished winter moments,do share them in the comments.
Warm hugs and smiles.